The value of the decent truck ladder racks is undeniable. It’s a versatile, must-have accessory, especially for those that are always on the go. The best part, it adds more cargo space without sacrificing the truck bed space. Hence, it leaves ample room for other loads. Despite the name, it does more than transport ladders. For instance, it transports canoes, kayaks, and other loads safely and securely. Again, you can use it as a temporary or permanent storage solution. The market has no shortage of truck ladder racks. However, choosing the best truck ladder rack for the job is an uphill task.
How about we save you the time and effort? In this article, we give a roundup of the best pickup truck ladders racks that are trending on the market. Also, we’ve included a variety of styles to suit your vehicle and specific cargo-hauling needs.
Table of the Best Truck Ladder Racks Reviews
10. AA-Racks Non-Drilling Utility Truck Rack – Pick-up Truck Ladder Racks
As the name suggests, this is a non-drill truck rack. Hence, it comes with C clamps for easy installation. Moreover, it makes it easier to take down when not in use. This ladder rack is extendable from 51 to 71 inches. Thus, it can fit most truck beds. Not to mention, it has 28-inch clearance to create more space for other cargo.
Another unique feature is the double-barred midsection. Unlike the single-barred design, it’s stronger and doesn’t bend nor dent. For the record, it can support up to 800 pounds comfortably. Also, the rack has a powder coating for weather-resistant performance. Four hooks provide tie-down points to secure the cargo.
- Non-drilling rack with C-clamps for easy installation
- Adjustable width (51 to 71 inches) fits different truck bed sizes
- Four rope hooks secure the cargo
- Weather-resistant paint for durability
9. TSM 800 LB Adjustable Utility Truck Ladder Racks – Lumber Rack for Truck
If you are looking for an extraordinarily large rack, then this is the right one for you. It extends from 5 to 7 feet, making it ideal for hauling longer loads. Whether it’s ladders, pipes, or lumber, this rack is up for the task. Not to mention, it has a 27-inch clearance for extra cargo space.
This ladder rack uses heavy-duty steel sturdy enough to support 800 pounds. Each of the four uprights has rope hooks. Thus, it’s easier to secure the cargo in place.
- Extra-large width (5 to 7 feet) for hauling longer and bigger items
- Comes with eight bolts and screws for installation
- Four tie-down points hold the cargo in one place
8. ECOTRIC Adjustable Full Size Truck Contractor Ladder Pickup Lumber Rack
This ladder rack is for heavier, oversized items. It can hold items as heavy as 1000 pounds. Also, the rack is adjustable to fit long and short-bed trucks. It has an over-cab design. Hence, it can haul longer items. Full side rails keep the load from sliding off the rack.
Moreover, the rack has heavy-duty powder coat paint for weather-resistant performance. Adjustable legs and feet enable complete customization. Also, this ladder rack has multiple tie-down points, ropes, and bungees are another unique feature. They keep the cargo in one place during transportation.
- Over cab design for hauling long cargo
- Multiple tie-down points and full side rails secure the cargo in place
- Adjustable feet and legs for complete customization
- Rust-resistant heavy-duty powder coating
7. AA Products Model X35 Aluminum Ladder Rack for Van
Unlike most racks, this rack is not compatible with trucks with utility track systems. However, it provides the most secure storage. Instead of standard tie-downs, it has lashing straps and ratchet-style J-racks. Hence, it’s a lot more effective for hauling canoes and kayaks. For the record, it can hold up to a 16-foot canoe. Not to mention, it supports loads of up to 2200 pounds.
The rack measures 71 inches. Besides the C clamps, it has heavy-duty bolts for extra security. Since you don’t have to drill, the rack saves you a lot of time and effort. The rack comes in aluminium, making it lighter than steel counterparts.
- Hassle-free no-drill installation
- Rugged construction holds up to 2200 pounds
- Extended heavy-duty bolts for extra safety
- Ratchet J-racks for holding kayak and canoes
6. Spec-D Tuning Heavy Duty 1000LB Truck Ladder Rack – Pick Up Lumber Cargo Rack
This ladder rack comes in a high-quality powder coat steel. Hence, this guarantees durability. Also, it has an adjustable width for medium to long truck beds. Side rails, mounting holes, and built-in tie-down points secure the load in one place.
Moreover, this ladder rack has over can design. Thus, it can haul longer loads. The rack holds up to 1000 pounds. As for the rear grab handles, they provide easy access. Moreover, this ladder rack comes with all mounting hardware for easy setup.
- Compatible with the majority of pickups
- Grab handle for easy accessibility
- Over can design for longer loads
- Pre-drilled mounting holes and built-in points for added safety
5. Auto Dynasty Universal Adjustable Truck Ladder Racks
If you want a ladder rack for larger cargo, this unit is up for the task. It’s 132 inches long and has an over-cab design. Hence, it can accommodate longer loads comfortably. Not to mention, it has an adjustable width to fit most truck beds. 5-inch side rails and built-in tie-down points keep the cargo from sliding off the sides.
The rack doesn’t require drilling, thanks to universal mounting hardware. Also, it uses powder coat heavy-duty steel. That makes it strong enough to support up to 850 pounds. For the record, this ladder rack has a 25-inch clearance to create space for other cargo.
- Rear removable crossbar accommodates taller objects
- Integrated tie-down points and 5-inch side rails keep the cargo from sliding off the rack
- Over cab design for longer cargo
4. AA-Racks Model APX2501 71-Inch Mid-Size Ladder Rack for Pickup
This is a low-profile ladder rack for medium-sized truck beds. So far, it’s the only ladder rack with adjustable height. It has 5-position height adjustment, ranging from 17 to 29 inches. Also, it’s pretty light, thanks to the aluminium construction. However, it’s strong enough to support up to 450 pounds.
The rack comes with a set of 8 clamps for easy installation. Moreover, it has weather-resistant paint and powder coating for weatherproof performance. Four tie-down points, which also double as load stops, keep cargo in one place.
- 5-position height adjustments from 17 to 29 inches
- 8 C clamps for non-drill installation
- Four load stops secure the load in place
3. TAC Adjustable Truck Ladder Rack for Dodge RAM 2 Bars Rack
Thanks to 14-gauge steel, this ladder rack can hold up to 500 pounds. Moreover, it’s powder-coated for maximum durability. The rack has an adjustable width of 58 to 78 inches. Not to mention, it adopts universal design. Hence, it fits the majority of the pickup trucks on the market.
The rack has a fine TAC texture, making it resistant to rusting and scratches. Also, it comes with all mounting hardware for easy installation. On a side note, the rack has a 29-inch clearance. So, it leaves ample space for other cargo.
- Adjustable width (58 to 78 inches) fits the majority of truck beds
- Sturdy 14-gauge steel supports up to 500 pounds
- TAC texture protects the rack from rust and scratches
2. TAC Ladder Rack for Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 2 Bars Rack
This ladder rack adopts a double-layer finish. Hence, it’s extremely resistant to rust and corrosion. Not to mention, it boasts a heavy-duty steel construction. For the most part, it can support up to 500 pounds.
The width is adjustable from 58 to 78 inches. So, it can attach to a majority of truck beds. Also, the steel uprights come with hooks. They provide tie-down points that keep your cargo safe.
- 14-grade steel supports up to 500 pounds
- Adjustable width (58 to 78 inches) for different tuck bed sizes
- The double-layer finish makes the rack rustproof and scratch-resistant
1. TAC Adjustable Truck Ladder Rack for Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra 2 Bars Rack
Are you looking for a rack that will transport your pipes, kayak, ladders, lumber and other cargo that is longer than the truck bed? If yes, then this is the right one for you. It uses grade 14 steel to provide sturdy support. For the record, it can hold up to 500 pounds.
Based on the size of your truck bed, you can adjust the width from 58 to 78 inches. Moreover, it is easy to install, as it doesn’t require drilling. Fine texture powder makes it resistant to scratches. Not to mention, it ensures rustproof performance.
- Heavy-duty grade 14 steel guarantees durability
- Adjustable width (58 to 78 inches) for different truck bed sizes
- Fine powder coat makes it rustproof as well as scratch-resistant