If you own a boat, then you might already know how essential a trolling motor is. These motors allow you to steer through water and have a pleasant boat ride. While gasoline or diesel trolling motors are available, they are hazardous to your health as well as your health. Hence, it is better to go for electric trolling motors. Runs on batteries, these motors are both eco-friendly as well as more powerful.
In this list, we are taking a look at the best-rated electric trolling motors available in the online market. Want one for your boat? Then, read our reviews and pick the best one.
Table of the Best Electric Trolling Motors Reviews
10. Minn Kota Endura Transom Mount Trolling Motor
The next time you go out on your angling or fishing trips on a freshwater lake, this motor would help you to go to any location on the freshwater body you want. You will find this mount electric trolling motor to be a much better alternative to the gas-powered alternatives. Interestingly, it doesn’t come with any of the hassles, but all the power you need. You don’t need to worry about choking the engine on cold days or about the emissions. Another amazing thing about this motor is its variable speed design. You can operate it at 5 different speeds for accelerating forward.
Moreover, since the motor can also spin the blades in the opposite direction. So, you can go backward without the need to push around the shore with your oar. Variable speed also lets you get more out of your battery or conserve it for a longer runtime.
- Commutators and windings are extra-large so that the motor runs cool at all times.
- The quiet operation doesn’t spook out the fish and lets you make good use of your bait.
- The composite shaft will flex, but won’t break since it has more strength than steel.
Read more: Best Electric Trailer Jacks Reviews
9. Newport Vessels NV-Series 55lb Thrust Saltwater Transom Mounted Trolling Electric Trolling Motor
Newport never fails to impress with their line of heavy-duty electric trolling motors and this one is no different. When it comes to construction, the 30-inch composite shaft that makes most of the product is made from durable fiberglass. This helps to keep the weight of this product to a minimum and adds flexibility without any compromise in strength. That means you can perfectly adjust the depth and use in most conditions.
There’s also a battery indicator that is bright and luminous enough to be visible during the night. Hence, it lets you keep track of the charge level. Just couple the motor with a 12V marine battery and you won’t be disappointed by its performance.
- Have a total of 8 different speeds and spins in either direction.
- Mount is from rigid and reliable nylon material.
- Covered by a warranty period of 2 years for fixing any problem that can interrupt its operation.
8. Newport Vessels Kayak Series 36lb/55lb Thrust Transom Mounted Saltwater Electric Trolling Motor
Another fantastic product from Newport that will make your fishing trip even more delightful. The first noticeable feature of this motor is its composite shaft with a length of 24 inches. It is designed so that you can adjust it for placement on different depth levels depending on the water conditions. The motor itself is also pretty strong since it is from stainless steel. Hence, it allows you can use it in saltwater bodies without any issues.
Furthermore, the 2-year warranty that comes with this product lets you buy the motor with confidence. But to let you know about the status, the electric trolling motor’s indicator will keep you updated.
- The handle is designed ergonomically for a superior grip.
- Coated with corrosion-resistant powder for longevity.
- Fiberglass reinforced propeller and shaft help to bring down the weight at no expense of strength.
7. Goplus Electric Trolling Motors for Fishing Boats Freshwater and Saltwater Use
GoPlus presents to you a fine electric motor that offers you precise control and features that are fine-tuned for use in any water body. For controlling the motor you get a long 6-inch handle that is telescopic in nature. As a result, it is adjustable according to your needs. You don’t need to change your position on your vehicle, it’s the other way around as it should be.
With 5 different electric trolling motor speeds for going forward and 3 different speeds for going backward, you get many options. You can control its speed easily since the control is integrated into the handle itself. Just look at the graduations and twist the handle to select your desired speed. This also lets you have full control over power use and battery life.
- With 10 levels of battery power indication, you always know the right time to go back to the shore.
- The nylon bracket gives the motor extra strength for durability.
- Even if the propellers come across grass or marsh, the two-blade design moves through it like butter.
Read more: Best Trailer Tongue Boxes Reviews
6. Newport Vessels L-Series Electric Trolling Motor
Yet another marvelous product from Newport that complete shatters previous benchmarks. This is one of the improved models with a massive thrust of 86 pounds. That gives you unparalleled performance over most water bodies. It means even when the winds and currents are against you, you can rely on its power to take you to your favorite fishing spot.
The fiberglass shaft is also exceptionally long and allows you to go to deeper waters without a hassle. Just extend the telescopic handle and navigate the way through the waters after you have adjusted the depth of the shaft.
- Premium grade hardware is resistant against corrosive elements of water.
- The saltwater electric trolling motor has a 10-point bright LED indicator for keeping you informed about the battery.
- Compatible with all your vehicles since you can adjust the width and tilt of the mounting bracket.
5. Intex Trolling Motor for Intex Inflatable Boats
If you own an Intex inflatable boat, you would absolutely love the features of this trolling motor from the same brand. Even if you have a boat from a different maker, the adjustable mounting bracket allows you to install it. The handle attached to the control box is extended to 6 inches. Now, you can also switch to a higher or lower speed with a simple twist.
Don’t worry about the fishes since swimming away since the motor is so quiet that you may have a hard time hearing it. Hence, the aquatic life will remain undisturbed.
- It can generate a maximum power of 420 watts and thrust of 40 pounds
- The handle is tilted from 0 to 75-degrees for customization.
- In order to keep the motor functioning for a long time, opt for the Soft Start option.
4. Newport Vessels Mossy Oak Camouflage 55lb Thrust Saltwater Transom Mount Electric Trolling Motor
Newport offers you an incredible trolling motor that won’t disappoint you with its rich features and exceptional build quality. The most remarkable feature of this motor is obviously its camouflage appearance. That makes it blend with the environment like you and your vehicle. You can use it on the next hunting season or for an upcoming fishing trip.
Near the handle, you will find a convenient battery indicator. This has 10 levels and LEDs for better visibility during the night. That allows you to keep a close watch on your battery level and plan your fishing or hunting trip accordingly. You won’t have any trouble hooking up the motor to battery either since it comes with 4-feet of battery cables.
The mounting bracket also has a solid build quality and made from top quality components. As a result, it can make a strong connection with your inflated boat. You can also adjust the tilt and secure it tightly with the help of the provided long mounting screws.
- The propeller is reinforced with fiberglass for strength and flexibility.
- Head is tilted to 30-degrees for better control.
- The handle has an ergonomic shape and can be extended for a better reach.
Read more: Best Motorcycle Rain Gears Reviews
3. U-BCOO 8 Speed Saltwater Transom Mounted Electric Trolling Motor Fishing Boat Outboard Motor Kayak
You can rely on the power of this compact, yet efficient trolling motor to get you through the toughest situation. You can adjust both the steering and speed with the ergonomically designed handle. For changes to your desired speed twist the handle and to steer it just extend it and move it around to the direction you want to go.
Even the cables that are attached to the product are extremely long. Hence, you don’t have to use extensions for connecting the motor to your battery. To keep the product long-running and free of damages, it comes with stainless steel hardware.
- Since the head is from die-cast aluminum it is light and resistant to corrosion.
- You can install this in a kayak or fishing boat.
- It has three different speeds setting for going in the backward direction.
2. Haswing White 12V 55LBS 48″ Shaft Bow Mount Electric Trolling Motor
Haswing probably has one of the most advanced trolling motors you can buy on the market. Trolling motors made by Haswing already have a reputation to run quiet. However, this time they have outdone themselves with this motor. You don’t have to worry about scaring the fishes when you use this machine to navigate your way on the water. It also supports cruise control that allows you to do fishing at a constant stable speed. And that also without the need for constant manual control. It doesn’t lack in power either with 55 pounds of thrust.
Finally, the construction is fully out of aluminum, therefore, no chance of getting rust. Even you get a 360-degrees full control of the steering for a safe movement.
- It is used on boats that weigh 2750 pounds or less.
- Unique wireless remote control brings you freedom like never before.
- To go in the backward direction you can turn the motor to 180-degrees.
1. Watersnake – ASP Salt Water Transom Mount Trolling Motor
For small boats, Watersnake has the best trolling motor that won’t burn a hole through your budget. It has simple controls that are easy to use and the installation is also quite effortless. There are forward and reverse switches that spin the propellers in the direction you want. And with the low and high-speed settings, you can get more thrust or choose to save your battery.
Moreover, you don’t have to figure out compatibility since it can be easily installed on most canoes and kayaks.
- It is one of the lightest in its category, weighing just over 2 kgs.
- The innovative bracket makes it usable on most types of small boats and kayaks.
Install an electric trolling motor in your boat and start for a journey that is safe and fully in your control. It guarantees to work perfectly and makes way through any situation.